Industry-leading Valve Capabilities
Valve performance is crucial to the safe, efficient operation of nuclear power plants. As a leading provider of comprehensive valve services, Day & Zimmermann services virtually every type of valve with full-scope capabilities and an integrated approach for complete valve and operator testing, repair and refurbishment. Our comprehensive offering includes valve repair and repacking, AOV/MOV repair and diagnostic testing, safety and relief valve testing and repair, training, and mobile and in-place machining.
- Integrated Valve Services – Day & Zimmermann delivers valve services that enable our customers to save both time and money. As a partner for your valve needs, we deliver communication and productivity improvements as well as focused accountability. Our capabilities cover a broad portfolio from valve repacking to complex turnkey valve projects and project management, planning, scheduling, engineering, as well as the provision of technicians and equipment.
- Valve Repair and Repacking – Our personnel, equipment, and mobile facilities are equipped to handle valve disassembly, inspection, in-line and off-line machining, repacking, live-loading and reassembly.
- AOV/MOV Repair and Diagnostic Testing – Day & Zimmermann technicians are trained and experienced in all major diagnostic testing procedures and equipment. Our Mobile Actuator Repair Centers (MARC) are equipped for the disassembly, inspection, refurbishment, and reinstallation of valve actuators.
- Safety Relief Valve Testing and Repair – We provide pressure relief valve testing and repair utilizing our “field only” VR stamp. We bring our capabilities to the site with a mobile testing and repair shop.
- Training – As a leading provider of valve services, Day & Zimmermann uses its many years of industry experience to ensure that plant employees are adequately trained in all phases of valve repair and maintenance. Our training classes are customized for the systems and procedures unique to the power industry.
- Mobile and In-Place Machining – Our 45-ft. Mobile Machine Repair Centers (MMRC) are outfitted with a comprehensive assortment of machine tools such as lathes, mills, sand blasters, part washers, welders, hydraulic presses, saws, safety valve test stands, surface grinders, and a variety of hand tools that can support up to 25 technicians.