Day & Zimmermann's safety culture challenges all employees to live the commitment in their every action, both on and off the job. The result of continually raising the bar, is a safety performance that is world class and getting better every year. Following are some of Day & Zimmermann's most notable safety awards and milestone achievements.
- Day & Zimmermann's Security Services group celebrates 46 million hours worked without a Lost Time Incident (September, 2009)
- Day & Zimmermann's Security Services group was honored with the New Jersey Governor's Award, the state's highest safety award, recognizing achievement in the prevention of occupational injuries (April, 2009)
- National Safety Council Million Work Hours Award, recognizing 1,000,000 consecutive work hours without an occupational injury or illness resulting in days away from work, were awarded to Day & Zimmermann's EPC operations, Eastman Chemical alliance, and the Lone Star division (February, 2009)
- National Safety Council Occupational Excellence Achievement Awards were presented to Day & Zimmermann's EPC operations, Eastman Chemical alliance, GE/GTTL project, Cytec project, Mason & Hanger operations, ADAL Parking Apron & Flight Line Facilities project, Brac Squadron Operations project, and the 6-COF Whole Barracks Renewal project (February, 2009)
- Day & Zimmermann's SOC Hawthorne operation was recognized by the National Safety Council for the success of their safety program that has resulted in recordable and lost time rates well below industry averages (February, 2009)
- American Ordnance was recognized by the National Safety Council for Significant Improvement in Safety Performance, Occupational Excellence Achievement Award, Incident Rate Excellence, Certificate of Merit, and milestone awards for 1 and 2 million hours worked without a lost time incident (February, 2008)